~ Inquisition-focus List ~
My Inquisitor list (tl;dr version) looked something like...
Inquisitors Karamazov & Coteaz, techmarine, land raider redeemer, and 5 henchmen squads being taken as troops as per Coteaz's special rule. Of the 5 it included; 1 deathcult assassin squad, 2 plasma cannon/hvy bolter/multimelta servitor squads, and 2 psyker squads.
All I have to say is, the force wrecked massive havoc. I'll go into the pluses/detractors of this all-inquisitorial list.
What I Liked:
- - The psyker squads have a ridiculous psychic shooting attack with a 36 inch range, utilizing a large blast template. The best part is that the Strength of the attack goes up 1 and the AP goes down 1 with teach psyker in the squad. Drop down 5 or 6 of them and you have a nasty AP1 large blast template launching at a yard.
- - The servitor squads are cheap. Plasmacannon servitors (limited to 3 per henchman squad) are only 20 points, with the hvybolter and multimelta ones being 10.
- - The techmarine gets to fortify one piece of terrain to get +1 cover save for the duration of the game. I dumped most of my shooting-heavy force into a ruin that now conferred a 3+ cover save to all of its inhabitants.
- - The techmarine got to carry both Rad and Psychotroke grenades. The rad grenade removes a toughness, the psychotroke grenade has ridiculous effects (determined by a d6 roll; all options but a roll of 1 are great). The best part being that both grenades can be used when assaulting or being assaulted.
- - Inquisitor karamazov gets to dump an orbital bombardment with perfect accuracy if placed on a friendly model. Is that friendly squad who's locked in assault about to lose in the ensuing assault phase? Help end their misery - dump a template on them!
What I didn't like:
- This army is great for annihilation or capture and control missions, but slightly less pro at capture points. The 11 assassins+techmarine in the land raider is a deadly mobile force, though.
- Both inquisitors must be kept attached to the servitor squads to prevent the mind-lock special rule (50% chance the servitor and its unit will be un-usable for 1 turn if an inquisitor isn't in the squad)
- If the assassin team is out killing/capturing shit, your shooting forces might be vulnerable to deep strikers/assault vehicles. While Coteaz will allow a free shot at anyone deep striking within 12'' of him, this isn't helpful if they deepstrike near a squad out of range, away from Coteaz, or if the enemy charges in an assault vehicle which you can't stop.
We played a capture and control mission, which I won handedly. He played a high-cost/low model Grey Knight list; using the new Paladins (cooler sounding terminators which can include a GK apothecary which gives feel no pain to the squad). While their new Aegis ability makes it more difficult to cast psychic attacks (-1 ldrship on the psychic test), it is nothing compared to their Aegis from the old codex. All in all I was at a large advantage with all the plasma and such, fighting grey knights. But both lists seem viable against other lists / opponents.
That's all for now. For the Emperor!!